Tap Cancer Out is a stable and growing 501c3 nonprofit organization motivating and empowering the combat sports community to raise awareness and funds for cancer-fighting organizations. Since our first event in 2012 we have raised and donated more than $3.25 million to more than a dozen beneficiaries. Our offices are in Fort Mill, SC, but our team travels all over the country hosting the most philanthropic martial arts events in the world and we’re always looking for amazing talent to join our small but mighty team.
Want to change the world with us? Explore our job openings below.
Head of Content & Community
Position Type – Full Time, Salary, On-site & On-location
Location – Fort Mill, South Carolina
Travel – Approximately 20 weekends per year
Who We Are Looking For:
This role is made for the individual who, at their core, wants to create and distribute beautiful content that captures attention, tells a riveting story, and creates impact in the world. The Head of Content at Tap Cancer Out must be a creative triple threat: proficient in videography (shooting and editing), photography, and graphic design. You’ll be our in-house storyteller, not only crafting the brand story of Tap Cancer Out across all our touchpoints, but capturing the stories of our stakeholders. A major part of our small yet agile team, you’ll be able to work independently and proactively to create content that’s fun and impactful.
What You Will Do:
- Write, design, capture, produce, and publish all creative storytelling content for Tap Cancer Out through photography, videography, and graphic design
- Create content in real time at our events across the country visualizing the impact that our events have on our participants and helping us tell their stories
- Lead and manage the day-to-day operations for all Tap Cancer Out social media channels
- Optimizing content capture and creation appropriate for each channel
- Develop and oversee social media editorial calendar
- Own social analytics and insights, track performance, and optimize content execution
- Lead the creative presence of our apparel lines as they exist across e-commerce, social media, and beyond (ex: lead photoshoots of new and existing products)
- We understand your specialty may be in one creative discipline more than the other, so we can offer additional training opportunities to hone your craft.
What You Will Need in Order to Be Successful:
- A strong portfolio including multi-disciplinary visual design (photography, videography, graphic)
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, social media, film, creative/graphic design, communications, journalism, business, or a related field
- A strong grasp of design software including Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator)
- A strong grasp of video editing software and the ability to quick-turn content pieces to be published in near-real-time (for our live events)
- Ability to write, direct, and edit content pieces with minimal supervision
- Possess a thorough understanding of marketing creative, design principles, social media, and layout strategy
- Not afraid to pitch ideas for new content pieces to test and learn (it’s okay if it doesn’t work – at least we tried!) with an ability to receive and implement feedback
- Moves quickly but strives for quality, paying attention to the small stuff
Our Head of Content will work at our Fort Mill, SC office. This position will require traveling approximately 20 weekends a year to capture our live events.