Tap Cancer Out is a stable and growing 501c3 nonprofit organization motivating and empowering the combat sports community to raise awareness and funds for cancer-fighting organizations. Since our first event in 2012 we have raised and donated more than $3.25 million to more than a dozen beneficiaries. Our offices are in Fort Mill, SC, but our team travels all over the country hosting the most philanthropic martial arts events in the world and we’re always looking for amazing talent to join our small but mighty team.
Want to change the world with us? Explore our job openings below.
Position Type – Full Time, Salary, On-site and/or Partially Remote
Location – Fort Mill, South Carolina
Travel – Approximately 20 weekends per year
Who We Are Looking For:
This role is made for individuals who are passionate about making an impact in the fight against cancer by hosting high-quality and wildly efficient fundraising events. This person should be driven and highly organized, ready to take on the task of hosting the most philanthropic jiu jitsu tournament in the world. You will be our go-to event lead, managing every detail from initial outreach and awareness to day-of event performance, delivering on event objectives and goals. The ideal candidate should demonstrate superb interpersonal skills and the ability to multitask while working independently and proactively to produce our impactful events.
**Experience and/or knowledge in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is nice-to-have but NOT necessary for this role!
What You Will Do:
- Full logistical support for all yearly Tap Cancer Out events including but not limited to our ~20 Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Open tournaments, yearly Global Grappling Day (virtual event held in December of each year) and a yearly fundraising trip to Mexico.
- Serve as primary liaison with our event venues, managing contracts, budgets and payments.
- Projects and tracks event attendance and fundraising progress on a weekly basis, reporting results to senior management.
- Works with VP of Marketing to develop event specific marketing materials such as email communication to competitors/fundraisers, social media, direct mail.
- Manages budgets and payments for each location.
- Oversees volunteer outreach and recruitment and staffing plan.
- Coordinates Tap Cancer Out staff travel and lodging.
- Manage inventory and work with printing vendors to ship necessary merchandise to event locations.
- Top-notch customer service, treating every person who walks through our doors with a smile and eagerness to help.
- Point-of-contact for event logistics, venue requirements and vendors.
- Point-of-contact for all volunteers, managing their roles throughout the day.
- Ability to fill any role required to run the tournaments including competitor registration, weigh-ins, scoreboard, ring coordinator, merchandise, etc. (employee will be fully trained on each aspect)
- Troubleshoots any issues that arise on event day.
- Responsible for post-event communications to competitors/fundraisers as well as social media event recaps.
- Updates digital properties (i.e. website, social media, event software) to reflect event status and performance as well as posting photos.
OUTSIDE OF EVENTS
- Continuously planning for future events, finding and booking new venues when necessary.
- Brainstorming and creating new event formats for the organization.
- Supporting the TCO team with ongoing initiatives.
What You Will Need in Order to Be Successful:
- Understanding that this role requires travel to each of our events (approx. 15-20 events).
- Desire to make a difference in the fight against cancer — constantly optimizing our events to raise more funds and create more impact year over year.
- At least three years of experience coordinating events (preferably for a non-profit) with a proven track record of success.
- Degree in public relations, communications, hospitality, event marketing or similar.
- Experience with non-profits, fundraising and volunteering.
- Self-starter with extreme attention to detail and highly organized with strong communication, marketing, and project management skills.
- Excellent leadership skills with a proven ability to find solutions to unexpected issues.
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines and multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Not afraid to pitch ideas to make our events run more smoothly or more efficiently, with an ability to receive and implement feedback.
- Moves quickly but strives for quality, paying attention to the small stuff.
Working at Tap Cancer Out
Ever feel like you’re a small cog in a big wheel (or an even bigger vehicle with many wheels)? Is it hard for you to feel like you’re making a difference in the workplace and/or the world? You won’t have that issue here. At Tap Cancer Out, every person is the tip of the spear in their own disciplines, driving our organization forward. When we disburse more than $1 million in gifts to our amazing beneficiaries at the end of each year, you can say “I did that” and then we’ll go grab some tacos.
Our events give the BJJ community a place to fight for those in the fight of their lives, so we want to make sure they have the best experience possible (that’s where you come in). Our organization was built upon our six foundational principles: Positivity, Transparency, Community, Empathy, Quality, and Humanity – these drive our strategic thinking and ground us when making all our decisions.
Tap Cancer Out is headquartered in the Charlotte area (specifically Fort Mill, South Carolina). However, this can be a hybrid or fully remote position for the right candidate. This position will require traveling to approximately 15-20 events a year (which is not all but most events). Our current schedule can be found at http://tapcancerout.org/tournaments.
If you’ve made it this far, we hope you’re excited about this opportunity! Even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people who share our passion to change the world and take the fight to cancer.